19 July 2008

I Am Omega (2007)

The world has been decimated by a virus, again, but Mark Dacascos has survived. He practises martial arts, kills the infected, and ignores the call for help on his computer in-between planting bombs around the city. His lonely existence is disrupted when he is forced to help the woman making the distress calls, a woman that may be the cure to the virus.

The Asylum mix together elements of the Last Man On Earth and The Omega Man to make their version of I Am Legend. There are some variations in there, and I guess that is enough for them to not have to credit Richard Matheson’s book. Legal copyright infringement is what The Asylum does best after all. Dacascos is one of my favourite action heroes, but he struggles being serious in this film, and I can’t blame him. It’s hard to take the movie seriously. Dacascos in everything, including Iron Chef America, The Crow tv series, and playing Sensei Ping on The Middleman. You might remember him fighting Jet Li in Cradle 2 The Grave. Dacascos’ presence makes I Am Omega better than I Am Legend, because both have krud storylines but Dacascos is cooler than Will Smith.



No comments: