31 July 2008

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets

There was a time when Nicolas Cage was cool, but that was a long time ago in Valley Girl and Vampire’s Kiss, although Face Off and Snake Eyes were pretty good. Now he seems obsessed with making American propaganda (Windtalkers, National Treasure, World trade Centre). This time Nic teams with girlfriend/ex-girlfriend Diane Kruger and comic relief sidekick Justin Bartha to find the City of Gold. Expect another “I love America” speech amongst the preposterous clues, Indiana Jones style traps, the ridiculing of other countries, and villains that just aren’t evil enough.

2 comments:

spacedlaw said...

I had already seen this one but I still love it. The look on NC face is unique...

fabulous heretic said...

Most of the stuff here is republished from elsewhere, so there is a good chance you will have seen some of it. The cartoon may have been in Filmink. I wonder if Nic has seen it. I wonder if he set himself on fire for Wickerman.